VISIT INDIA: TOP 5 THINGS TO DO AND SEE
India is the most famous country where thousands to tourists visit every year.
Here are the things to do in India are:
- Ladakh, the Indian Himalayas
Treks in the high mountains (about 5000m high), are one of the essential activities of the region. Most departures are from Leh, the capital of the province , located at 3500m above sea level.
The former stage of the Silk Road, Leh has a population mainly made up of Tibetans of origin as attested by the superb monasteries found there
At 2200 meters above sea level, its hard not to feel very small compared to the grandeur of the Himalayas. The state capital of Himachal Pradesh , Shimla, offers you a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of cities. It is for this reason that the British Empire chooses it as the summer capital.
Even today, Shimla’s buildings bear the imprint of both styles.
Victorian-style architecture and churches rub shoulders with Hindu temples .
Things to do in Shimla:
- The Mall Road, a long avenue lined with shops
- The Jakhu temple to admire the famous statue at the top
- The Shimla State Museum and its jewelry collection, costumes of the region
- Fatehpur Sikri
The ancient capital of the Mughal Empire , a UNESCO World Heritage Site , is only 40 km from Agra. The one nicknamed ” The City of Victory” was built by Akbar, one of the greatest Mughal rulers.
Fatehpur Sikri is a city with cosmopolitan influences , from Jain, Mughal, Persian, Hindu and Turkish cultures. The result is superb red sandstone and white marble buildings, such as the Jama Masjid Mosque or the emperor’s concubines. Explore Fatehpur Sikri through luxury train Mahrajas Express which offers seven star opulent services onboard the train.
- Admire the Taj Mahal at sunrise
Located in the city of Agra, the Taj Mahal is the most famous monument of India. It is one of the 7 new wonders of the world. Built by Emperor Shah Jahan in honor of his favorite third wife, the monument is simply grandiose.
Dawn is the perfect time to admire this sublime white marble mausoleum. The sun rises on the Esplanade Est , a famous spot for photographers. The crowd is more sparse, the place is quieter and the play of light on the basin and the chiselled stone allow to make the perfect photo.
Capital of Rajasthan , Jaipur is distinguished by its pink sandstone architecture which earned it the nickname of “pink city”. The city is part of the golden triangle of India .
Start the visit by the old walled city, a pleasant maze where to walk with its craft stalls.
Other beautiful monuments to see in Jaipur are:
- The City Palace consisting of 2 palaces and a museum
- Royal Observatory: This is the largest stone observatory in the world. It is also home to the largest sundial. Built by a maharadjah wishing to know the most suitable dates for certain events such as weddings or trips
- The magnificent Hawa Mahal with its 953 windows from which the women watched the street while avoiding the sight of all.
- Nestled on a hill in the Rose City, Amber Fort is also worth a visit.
Plan your trip and book the Maharajas Express train online to make your seat reserve.