Tips on getting a low price deal on holiday hotels
Internet is one of the best places to start your search if looking for low priced deals on hotels. You can even use prediction tools that allow you to check expected prices of hotels in the coming months then use them to assess the right time for booking hotels.
Plus, you can watch for third party websites that allow you to search for hotel accommodation offers when traveling to different places and events.
Here are tips on how to get the best prices on weekend getaway hotels.
- Use price prediction tools: TheSuitest has predictor features that allow you to forecast how room prices will change for the next month. Once you determine how the prices are expected to fluctuate, you can cross-check with DealAngel and Bing’s Hotel Rate Indicator. The latter two will compare the quoted rates with hotel’s average cost and tell you which deals you should go for.
- Watch out on price drops: It can be daunting to keep track of the prices in the entire hotels industry that has millions of hotels. Even if you are traveling to a destination, there is likely to be endless options. Thus you can sign up for email notifications from different services such a Yapta in order to get alerts on room prices and when they drop.
You can also check for reservations services such as Tingo who track your rate and refund you if a cheaper deal pops up.
- Take advantage of suspense and mystery booking pioneer services: Some services allow you to book weekend getaway hotel at a much lesser cost if they don’t tell you where you are staying until you have paid. Services such as Hotwire and Travelocity’s Top Secret Deals will let you save up to 60 percent for behind-the-curtain booking services where they tell you the place you will be staying until you pay. However, you can turn to Bidgoggles and HotelDealsRevealed to figure out which property might be behind the curtain.
Another service, Guestmob, allows you to choose one of four predetermined hotels for you. All the offers are in the same town.
- Try your luck: You can also try your luck with auction tools where you propose prices to hotels that you are considering. Better still, there are platforms for that, for instance the Name Your Price service by Priceline.
Using BackBid, you are able to submit details of refundable reservation and hotels will try to offer better rates. You can also try upcoming blockchain platforms that offer low priced deals for hotels and accommodation. Although these are relatively new platforms and most are in the trying stages, you can snatch low deals on accommodation and weekend getaway hotels if planning to stay at hotels they partner with.
- Use procrastination: With same-day booking services and apps such as HotelTonight and Booking.com Tonight, you can get up to 70 percent off regular rates if you are willing to wait until the last minute for your holiday staying. For more travel news visit Emerging NewsHub 24.